1. Backing out of the parking space at McDonald's and feeling a sickening feeling in your stomach as you realize you've just rear-ended someone else with your rear-end...
...Then looking up to realize you're both friends, no damage was done, and everyone can finally let out that big breath they were holding in...phew! Btw...Emily was fine. Her car seat works beautifully. She simply let out an ignorant squawk and went back to sleep.
2. Helping friends celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, whether fishing, free babysitting, or dinner out together, or disc golfing tips.
3. When someone leaves a Dr. Pepper shirt on your front door step because you're mildly obsessed, and she knows it.
4. When your Poweraid-drinking friend gives you all of her Coke points so you can get cool free stuff.
5. When you have over a friend for dinner because their spouse is gone for the weekend.
6. When your friends bring snacks without being asked and help you clean up before they leave.
7. When you can get together with another couple for games and all be on your worst behavior (and acting out of your grumpiest moods) and yet love each other enough to let it blow over by Sunday.
8. When even after you move away, your friends still stalk your facebook wall a little too often and send random notes and cards and such to remind you you're not forgotten.
9. Having someone pick food up for you on the way to a party you're hosting because you're a loser at remembering to get ALL of the necessary ingredients.
10. Praying for someone consistently because you love them.
11. Not seeing each other for months or even years and picking right up where you left off without missing a beat.
12. Getting your friends into theme-parks (ok...we could be friends without it, but you know who you are, my moochable friends!).
13. Looking out for job openings and opportunities as well as sharing helpful tips for those going the "creative route" in employment.
14. Hand-me-down baby clothes (and other stuff your kids have outgrown).
15. Game nights!!!!! (Actually, ours are usually "game-all-days-and-nights")
16. When your friends invite you to dinner and have created the whole meal to work with your dietary needs and wants.
17. When your friends help you move and still love you. (We have a TON of books y'all.)
18. When your friends are "brutally honest" and sharpen you for the better.
19. When your friend calls to tell you to look at the sky because it's blue with gorgeous clouds, and she knows you can see it from where you should be right then, too.
20. When your friends send random anonymous Marmaduke comics to your house just because it's funny to watch your husband's response. (Long story.)
Sharing life together - the good times, the bad times, the boring times, the random times, and all of the in-between ones. This is friendship, and I'm thankful to say, we've got some of the best friends ever.
Thank you friends, near and far, for being you.