Tonight, a cockroach scurried from beneath my fridge to under my foot.
The following is a TRUE story:
1. I felt a tickle.
2. I looked down.
3. I saw Sr. Cucaracha.
4. I screamed.
5. I ran through the dining room, dropping my glass of ice on the way.*
6. I headed straight to the bathroom.
7. I scrubbed my foot intensely.
8. I had weird shivers down my spine for the remainder of the night.
9. I also had a pleasant memory of a slight tickle on my foot - followed again by the shiver as I remembered WHAT had tickled me. Ugh!
Overkill? Maybe. But I bet YOU would do the same thing if a cockroach tickled YOUR foot, so there.
*The glass of ice didn't break. I was certain to be sure it landed on the carpet despite my haste. Amazing. I know.
P.S. Matt killed the little bugger for me. It's over. For now. Till his friends and cousins come looking for him. *Sigh