Perhaps that's because I only ever think of the usual stuff like: "journal more" or "eat veggies". Ick (to the veggies, not the journaling). As it turns out, I've been resolving several areas of life for the last six months or so, and therefore I didn't really have any new and improved resolutions for 2012, just a continuation plan.
I'm going to share what I've been working on for the latter part of 2011, and then I'll elaborate over the next few posts...which will actually happen soon, because I'm going to type them now and post a little at a time, thus outwitting myself. Hopefully.
1. Be intentional with my time. Don't waste it and then complain that there's not enough time to get things done.
2. Simplify our stuff. (Remove clutter...ugh!)
3. Save money. (Make Emily's food, for starters.)
4. Do my job. (Make meals each night, do laundry, and generally have a presentable house.)
5. Deal with the little stuff in my life that's keeping me from being who God wants me to be. (Ahem...Dr. Pepper. Don't underestimate the power of addictions!)
6. Raise Emily as well as I possibly can to know and love God, His Word, and His ways.
7. Create traditions for our family.
8. Look nice for Matt and Little Bit.
9. Make cute stuff. (Crafting is important. I'm a recent convert. I'm still working through this one, but I will post cute things as I steal ideas from other people and make them. Thanks primarily to Tara and my in-laws for sucking me in with your adorable-ness and making me say, "I can do that." Sigh.)
So, that's what we'll be discussing over the next few posts. Stay tuned.